This Disappears When Logged In

Had to Share This

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by jfogle78, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

We have had Venus, our 9 year old, for almost a year now. Yesterday my hubby went into her cage to feed her, she freaked!!!!!!!! Jumped off the top shelf, landed on another lower shelf, jumped straight up in the air, landed and started that up-down head twitch that an iglet in a panic would do.

We figured out this morning what had terrified her to no end. She looked over at the couch and went spastic again, because it was laying on the couch. It was my hubbys plaid shirt:confused:
    I cannot see why it would scare her. I'm just thankful neither her nor my hubby got injured:)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its funny the things that they react to!
    Zok had a couple of episodes over a neighbor's shirt. It had large circles on it that I can only imagine she took for huge eyes looking at her.

3. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

Now I could understand lol. But this is bizarre.
    Here is the offending shirt.

Attached Files:

4. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

He didn't have a hat on did he? My 10 year old male isn't afraid of anything, but if someone with a hat approaches, he gets concerned. LOL

If my wife has a towel on her head, he tries to whip her away!

So, sometimes, glasses or hats can be the offender. Or perhaps your Ig has a fashion sense and decided that shirt is not good. LOL!

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

This~!

6. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

LOL!!!
    No it is definitely this shirt. I took the shirt and showed it to her, and she freaked out all over again. I did it outside of the cage for fear of her falling off a shelf. So that shirt will be retired.

7. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

That's one smart Ig! LOL!!!

8. Freihto

Freihto Elite Member

That's too funny

9. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

My monitors will freak out for no apparent reason as well.
    Sometimes it looks like they see you but must be daydreaming. They get startled when you appear out of nowhere.

10. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Isn't that funny!

I wish I had something like that for Rex. I would put it behind the TV so he would never want to go back there again! LOL

You should try other plaids and see if it is just the pattern or perhaps the color combination that she doesn't like. :)

11. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL... you're mean! ;)

12. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Maybe it appears that he was growing GIANT scales. I wish I had something like that that would make Kermit not want to go inside the couch anymore.

13. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

Ya know at an angle she may have thought that!!!!

14. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

AGREED! Dizzy loves to go behind the TV and every time he does he unplugs thing, eats dust and makes a ton of scary noises (oh crud, is he going to pull down the speakers!?)

15. Critter's mom

Critter's mom Elite Member

I opened the door of Critter's cage one day wearing a really fuzzy kind of grey housecoat. When I reached my hand in to touch him he leaped to the back and seemed really freaked out. It took me a few minutes to figure it out but I think he must have thought I looked like some kind of threatening animal or a really big cat!!

16. TWFG2

TWFG2 Member

My iguana dislikes small dogs, but couldn't care less of larger ones....

17. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Mine is leery of rubber ducks.

18. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

lol!!! Rubber ducks

19. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I think we all should be leery of rubber ducks!:p

20. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

She isn't satisfied until she pokes it with her nose to knock it over, once it's throughly dead its time for a bath, hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.