This Disappears When Logged In

Guyana Rtb Feeding Problem

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Medusa86, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Medusa86

Medusa86 New Member

I have a Guyana boa and she's going on a month with out eating. We tried frozen/thawed and live. With the live she will hiss at it and turn away. The breeder we got her from did fresh killed... I've had boa's before but never a feeding issue of this extent. She's losing so much weight it's extremely noticeable, I can feel her vertebra and she has many folds in her skin. She is not dehydrated and is drinking. I have had her for about 2 months, since then she has gone to the bathroom about 6 times but hasn't eaten since I got her. Her set up is on point with temps, humidity, hide, lighting on timed schedule.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

A month without eating is nothing to a snake and should not result in a noticeable weight loss. There is something else going on.
    Give us a complete rundown on how you are keeping it. Pictures too.

3. Medusa86

Medusa86 New Member

My main concern is how has she pooped 6 times since I got her when she has not eaten. He was feeding every 2 weeks. I will post pictures and more information when I make it home. I am aware that it should not result in noticeable weight loss. That's the problem.