This Disappears When Logged In

Green Tree Frog Found in Grocery Store

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by FrogMan, Sep 4, 2013.

1. FrogMan

FrogMan Active Member

Hi everyone. As with the title, last summer I was working at a Superstore that brought in large plants from Florida.
    Normally they are very carefully screened but some how that time a baby green tree frog slipped through inspections.

The produce manager found him hopping along the floor, thankfully no one stepped on him.
    Knowing I loved frogs he kept it in a salad container with wet lettuce leaves till I got there.

I've been keeping him ever since and I know its a male because he croaks during some points of the year.
    I would like to get him a buddy, (another green tree frog) from the pet store but my room mate thinks its
    not safe because he's wild and he might pass something on to them.

So I thought I'd check with people here and see if its a good idea.

Right now he's in a 10 gallon aquarium with coconut substrate, plenty of artificial plants ect and eating crickets.
    I want to put him in a terrarium soon.

2. Poison

Poison Elite Member

The ones you find in the pet store are more then likely also wild caught. I would recomend quarantining the new frog for about a month before housing them together. Just incase it does have some sort of illness.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What you should do is focus on getting a terrarium (something big enough for the group) then put your current frog in it. Once that is done use the ten gallon tank to quarantine your new frog for a month before introducing them!