This Disappears When Logged In

Green Iggy.. Turning Yellow

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by JadeAsmodeus, Jul 24, 2018.

1. JadeAsmodeus

JadeAsmodeus New Member

So cage set up half is at 90-100 basking added her uvb light two days ago . She has never had proper lighting. Other half of the tank has a night light and heating pad stays around 85 .
    Tree branches and huge water bowl . Two dishes one on each side right now for her food. Keeping it good and ready fresh .
    We rescued her and she was doing great . We found her a new home of which to the agreement I would check on her a lot to ensure she was doing well.
    She wasn't. They changed her tank to a 20 long . No real room to turn proper and exposed to in trained children .
    I went to check on her and noticed she was not eating any greens she was eating a lot of carrots . She was thinning down and just seemed distressed
    She was with them for about 1 month
    I retrieved her the next day after seeing this we placed her back in her original 50 gal tank with all her original items . She perked up for us I got the uvb light on her roost area she was turning yellow at the other place she isn't into her greens at all right now though I add some strawberries to hopefully get her to eat something.
    We're new to this about 3 months of researching how to give her the best life possible. She never was like this though she ate more kale then if ever seen now she just nibbled
    We have her on uvb and cage heating as said above
    She seems to sleep 20 hours if bit more right now . With her not having the uvb..on her and now with it she acts like a coma state she wakes acts thirsty grabs a drink a nibble an goes back to sleep her belly is full tho
    We also seen she has broken her middle finger baddly
    I don't know if this sleep pattern is normal isn't normal for us to see her do . She is a yearling..maybe 6 months and is female

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure including a top view?
    I would say the behaviour reflects the conditions the animal has been kept in.
    Can I ask how you know this is a female if the age is only 6 months?