This Disappears When Logged In

Green Anoles Without Uvb

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Jaymin Sabean, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Jaymin Sabean

Jaymin Sabean Active Member

I heard that there is a way to care for your green Anoles without using UVB rays to synthesis their D3. I am not going to get rid of my UVB for my anoles, but was wondering how you can care for them, what supplements to give them etc. Without providing a UVB light. Thanks!

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There are supplements that "claim" to replace the need for uvb lighting. To my knowledge there has been no proof of this. I believe this to be one of those things in the industry that is worthless.

Darkbird likes this.
  3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The short answer is no, UVB exposure is extremely important to them, supplementation for the most part is pure guesswork, some of no benefit whatsoever. I would expect them to show signs of deficiency within a period of a few months.

Darkbird likes this.
  4. Jaymin Sabean

Jaymin Sabean Active Member

Would those supplements work if there was a lower level of UVB being emitted for the Anoles?

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

No, supplementation is pure guesswork, the species require a decent amount of regular UVB exposure to remain healthy, there are no "short cuts". The answers can be found in the replies Aja Michelle gave which I linked to earlier.