This Disappears When Logged In

Grace is Sick

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by schlegelbagel, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I went to feed Grace today and she wasn't moving, in fact I thought she was asleep. But i picked her up. She did wake up but only one of her eyes opened. She eventually opened her other eye but it was all cloudy and irritated and swollen looking. She did eat though, so that's good. She just looks like she's in a lot of pain.

I'll be calling my herp vet first thing in the morning. Hopefully they can see her tomorrow. :(

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Aww poor Grace. Keep us posted.

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Bummer. Hope she recovers quickly. :)

4. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

Oh gosh that's no fun. :[
    Hope she gets better quickk

5. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Aww! Let me know what happens!!!!

6. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Let us know what happens. Poor Grace. Here's hoping for the best :)

7. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Good luck. I hope it's nothing serious.

8. schlegelbagel

I have an appointment today at 4:30. I'm debating on bringing Meatball in too.

9. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

Keep us all posted!!

10. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

Ahwww.
    Good luck, they're both [Meatball & Grace] adorable froggies. :]
    I hope everything is okay!!

11. schlegelbagel

Man that was expensive! Worth every penny though.

Grace has a scratch on her cornea. I have drops. She got a very good report. Good skin, good weight. Very healthy. She weighs 50 grams.

Meatball... Poor meatball.
    I'm doing great with the chytrid treatments. She said his skin looked really good. He has the beginnings of metabolic bone disease. His mouth bones and his spine is kinda squishy and his front legs are growing funny. Probably due partly to the fact he never eats his dinner until later, which means the crickets have time to wash the powder off them. She also suggested a low level UVB light, like a 2.0 to put on his tank. This might help him absorb the calcium. We went into the great UVB debate for these guys and we both agreed that in this case a low level one could benefit, but i have to give him cover to get away from it if he wants to. Because of his front legs he can't dig very well.

She says she doesn't know if the legs are from calcium deficiency or if its just a birth defect from over breeding or cross breeding. He may never really be able to hunt on his own. She said to keep with the f/t pinkies and eventually fuzzies. That I may have to pick him up so he yells at me and then put the food in his mouth. Poor thing. He weight in at 31 grams and she encouraged me to get a little scale to keep my eye on his weight.

12. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad to hear Grace is gonna be ok. Sounds like it's a good thing Meatball found you when he did!

13. narnibird

narnibird Elite Member

Aw, poor Meatball! Poor li'l guy. He's lucky he's with you. And I'm glad Grace is going to be ok. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.