This Disappears When Logged In

Gotta Another Rescue

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by methos75, Feb 26, 2012.

1. methos75

methos75 Elite Member

Took in this guy earlier today from another fellow rescuer down here who didn't have the space. Boa was well cared for but the owner hit rough times and lost his home in Nov and the Snake had been in limbo since then, and hadn't eaten in months do to the money issue. Snake is around 7.5 feet, but under weight and has shedding issues. Suppose to be getting a baby Burm soon as well.

400974_3343689592463_1275430697_33328391_7461193_n.jpg

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats on your new addition!

3. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

I am happy it is in good hands now. I do feel for the owner. I had to give up my animals in novemember. I had someone tell me it one day... Its just a snake!... we all know these animals are our family members, They are like our kids, and when they have babys they are our grandkids...

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Good luck with the new boa. Hope you can get his weight up and the shedding issues resolved soon. He's a beauty! :)

5. methos75

methos75 Elite Member

Yeah, what is funny is that I wasn't even really a Snake guy before the I took in the Boa, I had a Corn snake a while back but that was the extent of it, now I got two Boas, a Ball, a Speckled King, and I am getting a burm soon as soon as its cage is built. I never really understood the attraction to keeping Snakes till I took in the Boa, now I am sorta of addicted LOL. Named the big guy naja and right now he is sitting in a pillow case with a damp towel, in the hopes this helps that stuck shed come off

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Best of luck with your new rescue, Naja, hope the pillowcase trick works out! Keep up the good work:)

7. methos75

methos75 Elite Member

Yep, it sure did