This Disappears When Logged In

Got another frog...

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Jade, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

I was reluctant to tell anyone about her becuase I didnt think she would survive.
    I got another ACF, she was very bloated at the store and I pointed her out, the fish guy removed her and I didnt know what he did with her
    I couldnt sleep thinking about the poor frog so I went back the next day and asked about her, she was in one of those plastic cups that they hang on the side of the tank to get your fish for you with 3-4 feeder guppys and he said they were medicating her.
    So I did something I never had the nerve to befire, I asked if I could take her for free to see if I could save her becuase I knew she couldnt heal, let alone live in that container. he thought about it and snuck her out for me (good thing i spend so much money there, im on good terms with them at the moment)
    I also bought a small filter and some medication for dropsey
    I started her ina 5 gallon but couldnt keep the water clean so moved her into a sterilite so she has a little over 10 gallons, I medicated as the package said to and she looks like a frog now :D
    I've just been calling her Dropsey Frog no real name yet

time to go to the petstore and see if she was contagious,and offer to cure more sick frogs
    it took daily meds and nightly partial water changes,and live crickets lowered to the bottom on a stick so she didnt have to come to the surface to catch the to cure her. Im sure she wouldnt have gottom that at teh store, as nice as they are they arnt well educated about herps

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

That's cool Jade. Great job. I hope the new addition keeps getting better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.