This Disappears When Logged In

Good News, Bad News, And In Need Of Advice

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by waagyl, Sep 24, 2017.

1. waagyl

waagyl Active Member

My boyfriend at I had an amazing time at the Oaks reptile show in PA. We even met Al Coritz (Viperkeeper)! We picked up two boas (one each). I got a gorgeous Hypo Jungle female, and he got a handsome Hypo male. They seem to be doing great and have been in their enclosures and all set up. Temps and all are fine, however we heard popping from the male this morning. We are hoping this isn't a respiratory infection as he is so tiny. After looking at his nostrils they looked quite blocked as if there was shed in it. We put him in a container with bumped humidity and tried to remove any stuck shed. We haven't heard popping and that was hours ago. I didn't see mucus in his mouth either. There is also a very small bump on the top of his nose and I'm not sure what this is. If we see even one more sign or hear one more pop he's going to the vet, but what could the little bump on his nose be?

Sorry for the long post, thank you for reading and I hope I get some input and opinions.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Take a pic. Might just be stuck shed from what you are saying. But we really need to see it. Good job with being on top of this thing, looks like he found a great home!

3. waagyl

waagyl Active Member

Thank you so much! I love my babies! I'll try to get a picture up as I am on my school laptop but I think I can figure out how.

TamJam likes this.