This Disappears When Logged In

GOOD Hygrometers?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by SpidaFly, Apr 11, 2012.

1. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

I can't seem to find a GOOD hygrometer. By "good", I mean I want to be verifiable, two or three of them read the same numbers when they're in the same location, etc.

I've got two ZooMed Hygro/thermostats, and none of the hygrometers I've tried agree with it. (Nor do any of the hygrometers I've bought agree with EACH OTHER. heh. So basically, there's no way at all for me to tell which ones are broken, which ones are good, etc! My hygrostat might be broken, who knows?

Can anyone recommend a tried and true, proven reliable and long lasting hygrometer?

Thanks!

2. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Keep in mind that analog/dial hygrometers need to be calibrated before you use them.
    They are finicky at best. Unless they don't have a screw on the back to set them.

Wrap it in a damp towel for 2 hrs and it should read around 95 % humidity. Adjust the screw until it does.
    If it is not adjustable then simply note how far off it reads and take that into account when you measure humidity.

4. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

Cigar hygrometers are great!

5. Vers

Vers Elite Member

I agree with Aja. I have two Acu-Rite 00611 temp/hyrometer units and both provide the same temps and rh when used in the same enclosure. On top of being accurate the unit includes a wireless remote sensor which makes it all the more versatile.

6. Draxx

Draxx Active Member