This Disappears When Logged In

Good dragon news

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by WDBILL, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Char got along with Fang, so i bought a screen cage for the 2 of them. hey get along great and i got a heat rock and strangly :confused: they took turns. There really getting along great!|

2. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Keep a close eye on them now that they are together ... Char might show some aggressive behaviour. It's good that they are in a new cage though, that will help to keep either one from thinking the other is invading "THEIR" teritory.

It can be hard to keep the humidity up in screened cages- keep an eye on this. Heating can be a problem too, especially in the winter if you are in a cool climate.

Hot rocks- I'm not a big fan of these ... too many reptiles end up getting burned on them and sometimes the rocks fail and short out and can be a fire hazard. Since dragons thermoregulate by sensing the light from above (with their third eye) I think basking under a basking light would be better and safer.

3. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Char hasnt been attacking or scaring fang at all. I fed them today and the crickets and mealworms were shared, char didnt eat too much and fang ate some. No real threat and there first night was great@

4. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Glad to hear

I am glad to hear that things are going smoothly! I am not a big fan of heat rocks either please watch and make sure it is not burning thier tummys :eek:

5. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

I turn off the heat rock at 6:00 pm so they cant burn themselves. Its not there favorite spot anyway, both like basking on the left side of the cage.

6. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Good Idea

I never thought about being able to do that! But it sounds like you have it all figured out! :) :p

7. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Water dragons don't always show outright aggressive behaviour the way some other lizards do ... for water dragons dominating or aggressive acts can appear quite harmless to us ... licking the other dragon, dragons stacking and sitting on each other (top one dominant), bobbing, arm waving, head butting ... some of it looks like companionship (but whoever is in the best position is the one trying to be dominant) and sometimes it looks a bit aggressive. Just keep an eye on them and make sure both are eating well, staying green and that no one is hiding.

8. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Char has tried to sit on top of fang, i catch her and push her off. Shes done it about once already. Plue if char chases fang, with chars big belly she cant climb too well and fang quickly outruns her. He hasnt needed yet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.