This Disappears When Logged In

Gollum is Now Going Green Too!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Feb 16, 2012.

1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I am going to have to post a picture of one of the books by boys purchased at the school book fair. There is a green tree python on the cover (all three of them love herps yay!) but the photo does not compare to the ones taken by you and your husband!

2. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

My goodness, what a transformation Andrea; and thanks so much for sharing it with us. I feel like I am there watching him!

Gollum is a star from the moment he was born! I just love watching him grow from such a tiny little worm to such a wonderfully surprising snake, who continues to amaze us at ever stage of development.

You are wonderful for keeping us all so well informed. Thank you, thank you thank you!

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

You are very welcome, Dom ! :) I know you were his champion: one of those who really believed that this little worm would pull through.
    Here is a pic I took the other day of him trying to hide from my camera! (For a "star", he really is camera-shy!!)

401829721.jpg

Attached Files:

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That has to be the cutest photo! Gollum is just so talented, I'm sure he is playing charades "it's a cowboy hat"

5. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

He's such a beautiful green and look at that vivid blue!

6. BlackJack

... AND he's probably not done yet!! :) I think the blue will become more intense over the coming months. And I'll keep you updated with pics.
    But he just ate last night, so I'll leave him in peace for a few days.
    The "babies" that we still have are still eating regularly, but they can't ALL be females! So I'm expecting some food refusals in the coming weeks.

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Night and day :x

8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

WOW!!! He is so gorgeous! I wish I could see him in person! Gollum is growing up too fast.

9. BlackJack

He really is growing up fast. And for such a poor tiny ugly little runt, he's become almost a textbook example of a "Sorong-type" chondro: he's got the continuous blue stripe along the spine (I think it has one break in it -- the stripe, not the spine!), blue triangles along the sides of the spine, the long black tapered tail end, and the short head with blue markings.
    He also has very few (if any) white scales and no yellow patches.
    In short, he's perfect and soooooooooo precious!! ;)

10. BlackJack

Here are some new pics to illustrate these "Sorong" qualities:
    Blue stripe and triangles:
    401909881.jpg

Black tail: (the others have black speckled tails, perhaps theirs will get darker too, but Gollum's is PERFECT)
    401909898.jpg

And just one more to show how "precious" he is:
    401909880.jpg

Thanks for letting me show him off! ;)

Attached Files:

11. BlackJack

Here are some new pics to illustrate these "Sorong" qualities:
    Blue stripe and triangles:
    401909881.jpg

Black tail: (the others have black speckled tails, perhaps theirs will get darker too, but Gollum's is PERFECT)
    401909898.jpg

And just one more to show how "precious" he is:
    401909880.jpg

Thanks for letting me show him off! ;)

Attached Files:

12. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Gollum is just perfect with that full blue stripe down his back, so glad that you guys kept him. Cute tail by the way

13. BlackJack

I absolutely LOVE the tail -- so glad he let me photograph it this morning!! It's so cute to see him posed in hunting position and that little black tail is dancing around him like a worm, hoping to lure a lizard or frog close...
    He'll get another mousie tomorrow or Wednesday. :)