This Disappears When Logged In

Golden Day Gecko laid an egg

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by Anolee, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

I need some help here. I just go a golden day gecko and she is a she (not know by me). She laid 2 eggs (1 I picked up too early), the other is in a bed of moss that has been dampened. The container has holes in the lid and side for air. It is in the warmest area of the apartment that I can find atm. What is my next step? Help please.

A picture of the gecko laying the egg is here:

http://www.pngresource.com/aaron/thumbnails.php?album=12

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Jeez what a surprise!

First I recommend incubating in an inorganic medium (ie vermiculite or perlite). I recommend a combanation of the two in a 50/50 mix but no matter the set up it should suffice. Then take the inorganic medium and dilute it with RO or distilled water in a 2:1 ratio. Weigh that and try to keep that weight during the incubating period.

Now I am not sure of the temps so I can recommend anything there, but when you find the target temps try to keep it there. The incubation container does not need to be ventilated although it is recommended. There is not much air exchange going on so opening the top once in a while should suffice.

Best of luck!
    :D :D

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

4. venus

venus Founding Member

he did not have an incubator at the time, so i suggested to get a tupperware container with a few holes, and some kind of substrate that would hold moisture and then put it in the warmest spot hecould find until he could get the proper equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.