This Disappears When Logged In

Frog-o-sphere Help Please

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by paisleygirl, Jan 12, 2010.

1. paisleygirl

paisleygirl New Member

Hello. My husband purchased one of these Frog o spheres for our daughter recently (FrogOSphere: Frog O Sphere Ecosystem with 2 Aquatic Frogs at Brookstone). I did a little research and have found that this enclosure is way too small for them and is in general not very healthy. However, it's a little late because we already have the frogs. So I'm looking for some advice on a better way to house and care for these creatures. We don't have a lot of space, so I'd like to know, what is the smallest possible size tank that's still healthy for the frogs? How should I be setting it up? I understand that these african dwarf frogs like to hide so I'll need something for them to take shelter in. Is there anything else I should know about these?

I am totally new to this, so my knowledge is extremely limited. I feel bad that we purchased this product now that I know it's promoting poor care of these creatures, but I'd like to do right by the little guys we already have. Thank you!

2. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I've heard they need about 2-3 gallons of water per frog, but of course with any animal more is always better(Like the difference between living in just your bedroom or living in your whole house!)

if you have two, I guess a five gallon aquarium would work?

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member