This Disappears When Logged In

Fresh Shed Pics of Trina

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Josh, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

This is Trina shortly after she shed and ate so no out of cage pics yet that will be tomorrow she has had this cage for a little more than a month and am just now getting around to add different stuff but was wondering weather to make her new cage out of all wood or plexi glass? any opinionsare appreciated:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Humidity still isnt staying up even with cage covered and bark substrate with regular spraying:confused:

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

wood is stronger, and more affordable.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. I would make it wood with a plexi front for viewing. It will be much cheaper and more energy efficient.

4. Josh

Josh Elite Member

i will definately be going with the wood and plexi but for now what should i do about the humidity

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

you can cover parts of the cage with plastic or folded towels. I used a shower curtain for some of my cages - they are cheap, and readily available. That will help cut down on how much humidity is leaking out.

6. StiffyG123

StiffyG123 Elite Member

Get a mister!!!! and a moss bowl. I don't really like that kind of substrate you have, holds too much moisture underneath it and causes molding. repti carpet is better. and they can get mites from those natural substrates.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Repti-carpet does not do anything for humidity - while it is convenient and sanitary, I would not advise using it for humidity-loving herps. It's great for quarantine, nursery tanks, and herps that do not require high levels of humidity.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. Carpet is worthless for humidity.
    As for mites, if you are shopping in a store that has them there, anything you buy there can bring them in. Even YOU!
    I have been using wood substrates for many years without a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.