This Disappears When Logged In

free frogs

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by geckoguykc, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

I was buying some aquarium plants from walmart and when i got home a pair of african dwarf frogs came out of the hairgrass! so i got two free frogs.....well they are doing good in my aquarium now im pretty sure they are dwarf frogs because they have small eyes on the side of thier head instead of those big buggy eyes on top of clawed frog's heads

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Congrats on the free frogs.....post some pics when you get a chance....Lyn

3. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

From the pics i found on the internet i think i got a male and a female

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Haha, AWESOME! Congrats on your freebies and new additions

5. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

how big do dwarf frogs get..............i dont think they are clawed frogs..........the pics i saw of african clawed frogs had big bulging eyes

6. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

pics

got some pics of one of them :)

Attached Files:

7. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hmmm...i'll have to use that as my excuse next time I wander home with a giant lizard in tow. "Yeah mom, i was buying collard greens for the iguanas and this 3 foot tegu jumped out and clung to my leg and begged me to save him...can I keep him?" (insert begging puppy eyes here)

8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Congrats on the new additions. I can't help with identifying them unfortunantly.

9. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

Well they seem to be doing well........i couldnt find bloodworms like the caresheet said but they seem to be doing well on the dried tubifex worms they had at walmart

10. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Petco sells frozen bloodworms pretty cheap, you should get some from them

11. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

They died.........and that really sucks.....last night they were eating and being very active...........then this morning they were dead stiff as boards ):........i havent the slightest clue.......maybe they were sick from walmart..................

12. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

I think they are dwarf frogs. They are very common in the pet industry here in Alberta, every single pet store has them.

Animals sick from walmart!? Impossible!...oh wait, the other thing...inevitable.

13. Queen 'O Green

Queen 'O Green Elite Member

Oh no! :( I'm sorry they didn't make it. How sad! ~hug~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.