This Disappears When Logged In

FREAK OUT!!!!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by steveig2, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

im curious if i have the only ig that just for no reason at all decides to freak out
    this morning jorge was in the tub as usual relaxing soaking it up and then for no aparent reason he just goes balistic water is flying everywhere his legs are all tucked up like hes in super swim mode the tail is trashing about and hes basically just skirting around the tub at full speed. this has happened about once a year sometimes hes not in the tub and goes balistic around the room and hes very nervous after this and very jumpy but that is the end of it. i have no idea what gets in his head but im curious if other ig owners have seen this behavior.

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

My 2 are still young and in that "every time you reach into my house I'm gonna go nuts" stage. lol

3. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Have a window in the bathroom?

Maybe a shadow of some type spooked him? just athought...Lyn

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Mine does the "Freak Dance" sometimes too. Most times it's because he was asleep in the tub and a noise somewhere else in the house scared the crap out of him (literally sometimes ;) lol).
    If you have another pet in the house, maybe that spooked him some way too.
    And like Lyn said, a shadow coming in over his head (you, the unforseen predator) may have freaked him out too.

Do you own welding gloves yet? lol I wouldn't have an arm skin left if I didn't use mine when Nadia freaks out! :p

5. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

no he was wide awake not a shadow issue this is an every morning routine(the tub thing that is), the other pets in the house not only do not bother him but were not around at the time. its like a sudden burst of ig energy out of the blue for no reason guess he must be having bad daydreams ?

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

OHHHHHHHH That's what you mean!! Mine does that too...no idea WHY but it happens! I just say Shhhhh and talk real calm and pet/hold him lightly around the middle. He usually calms down then. Make sure the water isn't so deep that the Ig can't keep his feet on the bottom of the tub...mine seems to freak less if he can touch bottom :)

7. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I forgot to say that my Ig absolutely HATES the sound of the water running in the tub, so I have to fill the tub before he gets in it.
    Make sure the water isn't too hot or too cold too ;)

8. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

maybe its just one of those things that some Igs do?
    like when cats suddenly jump up from were they are and tear around the house for no reason?

9. jmclemens

jmclemens Active Member

Oh, that's because cats can see things we can't! ;) Perhaps igs are the same....

Michelle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.