This Disappears When Logged In

Found Me A Hoggie Breeder And Got My Baby Today!

Discussion in 'Hognose Snakes' started by Flint, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

I found some beautiful babies bred by Ed at Edz Exotics and shot him a message tuesday night, and had my new hoggie arrive today. Today is a good day!

hoggie 2.jpg

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Hoggies are great, but I love boas even more. Welcome to the addiction, lol.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Hogs are still on my wish list.

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Certainly the most personable snake I've encountered. She comes to the corner of her tub to watch me when I'm home, and will slither right into my hand when I reach in. I'll be honest, I was almost hoping to see some of those adorable angry hog behaviors, but I think I won the lottery with this girl's temperament. She ate without a strike too, just gently starting swallowing.

Decided to name her Madison :)

Also her belly looks like a heat image, super cool!

QMqwAAT.jpg

Dragoness likes this.
  5. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Congrats on the sweet natured hoggie, maybe you'll see some different attitude close to shedding when the eyes are blue. My bull snake is almost as "friendly" as that, will come right to my hand when I reach into the tank, but if there isn't any food involved he won't actually climb up onto my hand. Doesn't mind being picked up though. Feeding response in nothing like yours though, he gets all excited and spazzy whether it's live or f/t.