This Disappears When Logged In

For Reference To My Posts- Pics Of My Banana Ball

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by rochelle lindsey, Oct 18, 2017.

1. For references to my previous post. I should include that I keep her in a 10 gallon glass tank with cypress much bedding. Her basking side during the day is about 87-93 and at night 80. She has a half log on this side and a vine which she loves to climb on. On the cool side she has a completely enclosed plastic "tree stump" hide and that side ranges about 80 during the day and 75 at night. Her humitidy fluctuates a lot, I'm saving up to buy a humidifier but as of now I spray the tank about 3-5 times a day. It ranges from 60-80%. Her tank is in my room which is quiet and secluded. I have been able to make her duiturnal for the most part, but as of now she sleeps about half the day and half the night.

Attached Files:

2. Forgot! Her water dish is on the basking side as well

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Nice looking snake. A couple things that need attention though, that hotspot needs to be 90° all the time, not just during the day, and I'm guessing you have a screen top, you need to cover all the screen except where the heat lamp sits (if that is what you have), that will help a lot with your humidity issues. Some sort of plastic sheet would be ideal, even saran wrap or tinfoil will do. That will probably eliminate the need to spray more than once or twice a day, and if the humidity ends up too high, you can uncover a bit at a time until it gets to the proper range

rochelle lindsey likes this.
  4. I have a heat pad and a heat lamp but the lamp is off at night of course, how can I bump the heat up at night without the lamp? My heat pad seems to top out at 80

5. Darkbird

Leave the lamp on. If the light is an issue, you can either get one of the red lamps, or much better would be to get a ceramic heat emitter. They're a little more expensive, but they last basically forever and put out no light.

6. Alrighty will do! Thanks for the help

7. Shannah

Shannah Member

Hello! Beautiful snake!
    I recently got a red eyed croc skink, who needs as much humidity as he can get! I've found it REALLY works to get the humidity up with a wet towel over the top of the tank that's open!

8. Thanks she's quite adorable! I will use this tactic, sounds good! Thank you!

9. Darkbird

It's a lot more effective to cover the screen. A wet towel doesn't do as much and if you manage to keep it wet it becomes a mildew factory in my experience.