This Disappears When Logged In

Fogger at Night?

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by Andyc3020, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

How important is it to keep the humidity up at night for a veiled chameleon? I'm setting my fogger on a timer and am trying to decide where to start. He is in a screen cage.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I have never yet figured out how people successfully keep Chams in a dry climate.
    I would think the fogger would need to continually run to be able to maintain proper humidity levels.
    But then with an all screen enclosure you might as well run a humidifier in the whole room.
    Sorry no answers here only more questions :)

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

If you can cover the cage at night with some sort of plastic that will trap the humidity in I would only run the humidifier right before lights out.

4. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

Maybe I'll put some light weight blinds around the enclosure that i can pull down at night or curtains. I live in georgia, so the humidity is usually sky high anyway.

5. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

I'd think that a chameleon would need constant humidity. So covering the top after running the fogger would probably be the best route to go. Then back on once you would normally wake up, or when the humidity drops to low.

6. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

I've just been running it constantly. Night and day. humidity is usually around 75%

7. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

Probably the best solution