This Disappears When Logged In

Florida Lizard Identicication: Help Plz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crmsnraider, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Crmsnraider

Crmsnraider New Member

Hey y'all,

I've been living in South Florida almost 15 years now and I've seen loads of anoles on a daily basis.

Today I walked out and seen this lizard I've never seen before and have been having trouble finding out any info on it; really hoping yalls minds can provide further insight.

I'm not certain whether it was hurt or hungry or lethargic but it's reactions were poor if existent and it climbed this piece of paper i got and put it in the sun on that tree.

Anyways; any info is greatly appreciated, I hope the little guy is healthy.

Daniel

Attached Files:

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Almost looks like a young Cuban knight anole, but I could be way off too.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Def. Cuban Knight Anole. They are not native to Florida, but they are established invasives in most of the state, particularly the southern parts of it.

4. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

A bit yellower than normal but definitely a Knight. It was probably just cold

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Well I didn't know what else it could be, never seen one that small before, lol. All I ever see are the full grown imports they have for sale at the local show.

6. Crmsnraider

Crmsnraider New Member

Awesome!
    Thanks everyone so much for the replay and useful input.

Certainly looks like the culprit is identified. It was certainly cold and it acted sluggish so I can perhaps attribute seeing it due to that.

Preciate y'all again!