This Disappears When Logged In

Flame KSB Help? Pics Included! :)

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Lari, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Lari

Lari New Member

Hi there! I decided to finally cave and join a reptile forum to ask some questions about flame morph KSB snakies! I hope im following all the rules correctly, total newbie here! :) So I have had this sweetheart, Nirobi, since a few months after she hatched, we got her from a breeder on sandboamorphs. She was listed as a 'flame KSB' with her parents being a Dodoman female and an Albino male (normal KSB). I was reading that flame morphs in KSB snakes retain their bright colors through adulthood, correct? Nirobi is now 2 years+old and she has some minor black speckles on her orange, which is still a very bright and vibrant. I was reading a 'flame', not to be confused with 'flame race', is a KSB offspring crossed with a Dodoman-like my Nirobi? I was wondering if Nirobi is a 'true' flame morph or what her actual morph classification would be? I chose her from all the other sand boas availible on the website because she was the most beautiful (but also very expensive) plus the breeders said she was very friendly-which she is!! She LOVES to be held and I absolutely love her!! Just curious about her colors as Im not even sure what a 'flame' morph really is!

Here are some pictures of my beautiful girlie as promised and thanks for viewing!

Baby picture:
    CAM00158.jpg

Now:
    CAM07604.jpg

CAM07588.jpg

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

She's a beaut. Welcome to HerpCenter.
    Unfortunately I cannot help you with classification.

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Not a morph hunter but to me that is a standard orange color from one of the two ranges of KSB's in the wild. One range is tan and brown and another is orange and brown. I bred these guys in the 90's for about 5 years before there where morphs popping up and my litters where 50/50 tan and orange from a tan mom and an orange dad.

The color is pretty much set through out it's life.

4. Romeyrider

Romeyrider Well-Known Member

I am unsure of the rest of your questions but her color should brighten more with age or at least until she is full grown. Congrats!