This Disappears When Logged In

feeding

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Lionfishy, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionfishy

Lionfishy Elite Member

Well i have a corn that is around 20 inches. I gave him a fuzzy and a pinky today. He ate both. He looks really fat.

just posting this to get this forum started :)

2. dcboas

dcboas Elite Member

I had a corn a long time ago and they are so cool.Mine ate like a little pig,never turned a meal away.lol :)

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

i hear that,,,,,,mines a little glutton also. he was a juvie in dec. and has shed on the average of every 3 weeks !!!! i swear he's twice the size since we first got him

4. hedgymom

hedgymom New Member

From what I understand, the more you feed them, the faster they grow. We feed our juvenile corn about once a week or 1 1/2 weeks (depending on when he sheds). He's been shedding every 6 weeks or so.

Also, I've been advised (on this web site!) to feed the snake only 1 food item at a time. He's up to 1 adult mouse now. When I fed him 2 small mice-he ended up regurgitating-quite a concern!

I wonder if ANY animal would turn down food until he/she had gorged?
    Peace, Lyssa K.

5. scarecrowking

scarecrowking Member

Wow, I guess I have the odd ones, then. All of mine get 2 mice a week. Once, the largest got her 2 fuzzies, plus the 2 pinkies that were for the 2 babies cause I dinna realize they were shedding, so 4 mice in 1 day, and no regurg! After reading this I feel kinda lucky, but she's a pig, even eats when she's cloudy.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.