This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding a Cwd Fish Meant for Humans?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by zard72, May 21, 2013.

1. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

Is it alright for me to feed my cwd fish meant for human consumption like soul? What kinds of fish can I feed him? Should it be boiled or raw?

I was thinking about feeding him feeder fish, but I'm worried about the possibility of the fish being sick and making him ill. Also some of them are very high in fat, like goldfish.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

You want to feed the whole fish not just fillets.
    From what I've read fathead minnows, shiners, guppies and such are much better than goldfish.

3. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Feed whole fish and stay away from goldfish, they are nothing but "junk" food. Feed guppies or rosey reds.

4. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

All of the pet stores here keep their fish in overcrowded conditions. I'm worried they may be sick without me knowing. Maybe something not clearly visible.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Keep them home and isolated for a week. Feed them quality food. Watch for signs of illness.

6. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

Ok.Will do. Thank you!

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Also before purchasing the fish look closely at the colony for any signs of odd bubbles on them. These are signs of parasites which are easy enough to get rid of but you need to know about it so you can buy the meds when you get the fish.