This Disappears When Logged In

Fake Rock Background - Pics

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Shawn, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I can understand why Iggy has his nose up in the air on the last pick! Iggy very proud saying: "This is MY HOME!!!"

Well done Shawn, it really looks awesome.:D

2. Shawn

Shawn Elite Member

LOL thanks thanks for the compliments everyone, and good one Wildheart!

And you know Dargoness, I actually thought about it as I kept coming across posts from people saying they would be willing to pay for backgrounds/enclosures... Biggest problem that came into play was the time it took to make these, and with working 50 hours a week I am not so sure I would be able to find any customers that were willing to pay a fair price and have to wait a month to be built. Not to mention to be building a bunch of these I would need better tools lol

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

true, people these days are impatient - only instant gratification will do. But a lot of devoted herpers would still gladly pay - after all, good things come to those who wait.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That's the problem that you run into with such things. You end up putting so much time into it that it really isn't cost effective to sell them.
    People tend to want cheap!

5. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I agree, a lot of people has asked Craig to make their enclosures. It just takes so much time that you can't really put a price to it. I think you will always loose.

6. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I want to make one for kerm, but being that it is a 4' x 4' x 5' I am not sure how, and she is from the tropics is another issue I don't think she would care if she had her white shelves or stony looking ones and I'm not sure how I would put it in there.. drats!

That means i need to get another lizard...

7. Beardie

Beardie Elite Member

Wonderful work! If only my home were as fancy as little Iggy's! I'd be willing to wait a month for that (not like I'd have the money:p). Once again well done and nice pics!

~Beardie~;)

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Shawn, I just came across this thread as I don't have a beardie but I do have a Mali Uromastyx and I just wanted to let you know that you have inspired me to create my own enclosure with styrofoam, thank you. I am going to start saving styrofoam now. You are absolutely AWESOME!!

9. reddz

reddz Member

That is immensely impressive!! And you made fake plants, too? You should start selling these, you'd make a fortune. I know I'd be a customer!

10. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

looks good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.