This Disappears When Logged In

Eyed Lizerd

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by Dodimead, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Dodimead

Dodimead New Member

It not eating can this be he still setling in if so haw long will it tack or is it that he is sick

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Hi, and welcome. We are going to need a lot more information before being able to even take a guess at answering your question. Things like the details of your setup, how long you've had the animal, what you are attempting to feed, and so on. Pictures can also go a long way if you can manage a few clear shots of the animal and setup.

3. Dodimead

Dodimead New Member

Hi I have had the eye lizerd for a week and got hir in a 4ft viv I have been offering hir crickets and locas and wax worms but not seen hir eat eny. Of them but as I have only had hir for a week I was whundering if she still setling in or might be sume thing the matter she is running araund the viv but as I have not seen hir eat was a little concerned as I do not no if she still setling in she is 1year old and a female I have not taken eny pics of hir so can not add eny sorry hope u can hellp

4. Darkbird

Could very well be that it is still settling in, could also be that its eating when you aren't looking. As long as it was healthy to begin with, most reptiles can easily go without eating for a while with no serious issues.

5. Dodimead

Dodimead New Member

To day it has been a week if I try to tame hir dawn so she not fill so stress t whuld that help or not do u think if she do not eat for 2weeks is OK this is normal u read so meny difrent things do not no what to believe so from I have read they say it might be that she look OK but will not show since till it to late I do not want to be Crowle if it is

6. oakensiren

oakensiren Well-Known Member

Im no expert but i think if you leave the insects in a bowl in the enclosure with no way for them to escape you can monitor if it is eating or not without stressing it, also i would give 2-3 weeks before starting to tame it.

7. Darkbird

Yes, no interaction beyond giving food, water and whatever cleaning is needed untill it is eating regularly. Any handling now will likely just cause more stress, which will keep it from wanting to eat.