This Disappears When Logged In

Experienced keepers only

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Herpmom, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

I am looking to rehome an adult mated pair of Burmese pythons. Pick up only....we will not ship.

They have been lovingly & maticulously kept for 12 years by a couple, who are retiring and moving to Mexico. Unfortunately they can not take their snakes with them.

The snakes are aproximately 14 feet long and feeding on rabbits. Their enclosure is a built in structure so will not be included with them, but I believe they have transport containers for them.

Experienced keepers only, will be considered as potential adopters.

Miss Muffet
    [​IMG]

Hansel
    [​IMG]

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh if only I had the room!
    I hope you find someone soon before they begin to eat you out of house and home!

3. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Merlin, I bet you still don't have herps in your kitchen =)
    Now that I think of it, do you really need a kitchen? ;)

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Here now! I have to have somwhere to prepare all that herp food! :D

5. GAsnakeman

GAsnakeman Elite Member

Unfortunately, I don't have the room either (for right now). I am curious though, where are they at for pick up?

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Man oh man! My favorite Burm!! If only I wasn't so small and hubby wasn't such a snake-a-phobe! :( The sad part is...I even have the ROOM for them!! :eek: Sometimes husbands just need to close their eyes and let the woman do what she wants! LOL ;)
    Boy would I ever get myself into trouble then! :p

7. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Jem....that's why opposites attract, to keep us in balance...grounded, ok....to keep our homes from becoming completely overrun !! How ever you look at it, it can be a good thing.....sometimes.

GAsnakeman, it's in SW Florida, Sarasota.

And Merlin, you were actually the first person who popped into my head when I got the request to place them......my hope is to find someone like you to take them. I'd hate to see these loved Pets turned into just breeding machines.

8. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

Wow :eek: I easily have the room ( My dad has offered his large unused basement for my herps numerous times) and an uncle near Sarasota BUT I have to be honest when I say I just dont think I have the expirience and time to handle two Burms that size, i also have a small child who is about 2 feet tall and tends to make a lot of sounds that can be easily mistaken for a rabbit so I guess that rules me out :(

9. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Now Which set of bunk beds do I want to get rid of...and which kids??? LOL>...Those are awesome snakes....maybe some day when the beds really do leave LOL....Too bad Florida is so far from NJ....I bet Jay would scoop them up LOL....Lyn

10. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

you guys are crackin' me up....

They are pretty, though aren't they. I've restricted myself to only keeping herps that couldn't realistically eat small children. I felt it were only right.

I wished Jay lived closer too....

11. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Lyn, you can show this thread to your kids and tell them that the ones that misbehave will be traded for those lovely snakes ;)

12. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Hmmm good idea.....lol...they are really awesome snakes tho....some day some day.....Lyn

13. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

I just so happen to be moving into a herp friendly apartment, finally and I was actually in search of a few herps to keep me company. Since Florida will not allow me have what I truely desire yet, I wouldn't mind taking these two in. Any terms and conditions outside of experience?

I'm in Gainesville, Florida.
    Zane

14. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Zane...

I'll PM you.

15. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

I live in Florida but Dubious, the one Burmese that I have, is more than enough snake for me. BTW, I still have a California Kingsnake up for adoption for those of you snake lovers who would prefer to adopt a smaller, less dangerous species. :D

16. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

UPDATE: Adoption pending

:D I just wanted to let everyone know that there is an adoption pending on these guys. :D

17. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Shucks, I missed it. lol

18. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Oh Jay....but you were most definately thought of...

19. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad you found them a good home. They're beautiful!

20. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

Adopted

Congratulations Zane !!

I'm so glad you were able to take these beauties and give them a good home. I hope they get settled in and adjust quickly for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.