This Disappears When Logged In

Euprepiosaurus Review (Varanus)

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Michael_C, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_C

Michael_C Elite Member

For those interested in phylogenies and systematics, there has been a recent paper published on 14 May:
    Thomas Ziegler, Andreas Schmitz, Andre Koch und Wolfgang Böhme 2007. A review of the subgenus Euprepiosaurus of Varanus (Squamata: Varanidae): morphological and molecular phylogeny, distribution and zoogeography, with key for the members of the V. indicus and V. prasinus species groups. Zootaxa 1472: 1-28.

This paper includes the recently described species, Varanus rainerguenteri as Varanus sp. n. (ZFMK 85404 - Holotype of V. rainerguentheri) One of the most interesting findings in the paper (to me) was the discovery that V. kordensis is the basal species of the V. prasinus complex.

Here is a link to the abstract:
    http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2007f/z01472p028f.pdf
    Zootaxa is a rather difficult publication to get a copy of. This is definitely one that you will probably have to order and wait for.

Cheers,
    Michael

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Definitely would be an intersting read. But again I can't get the link to work for me.

3. Michael_C

Michael_C Elite Member

I am not sure why it is not working. Try copying the link as it is written and pasting it into the address window on your web browser. That worked when I just tried it, but you are right, for some reason clicking it is not working.

Michael

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Good call, got it working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.