This Disappears When Logged In

Enclosures Closest to Natural Habitat

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by boidluvr2014, Dec 18, 2014.

1. boidluvr2014

boidluvr2014 New Member

Hi all! Im new here! So I have noticed a lot of people keep their big snakes in pretty basic enclosures and I'd really love to see enclosures that are close to the snakes natural habitat. Real interested in anaconda enclosures. Im planning to get an anaconda and I would love to see some enclosures for your HUGE anacondas that look real! Ive already decided Im gonna go above and beyound on the water. Instead of a basic water area just big enough for the snake, Im going to make the water area pretty big so the snake can move around and Id like to make it swampy in like one of those ponds you get at a landscape store. Anyway, post pics of your enclosures and the snake living in it! Thanks.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'm an advocate of natural setups.They do take much more time to keep them up though which is likely the reason many snake owners do not. As you can have many more snakes in much simpler setups.

I don't believe anyone here has a huge anaconda though.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Don't be offended by this, but I really hope you know what you are letting yourself in for. I'll assume for the moment that this isn't your first reptile and that you've reasearched the needs of one of these. So will you have the money and space to set up a cage that is mostly water, probably hundreds of gallons, do all the maintenance, and provide the food, all for a snake that is notorious for never taming down, and that will spend 80%+ of it's time with nothing but it's nostrils sticking out of the water? I only ask this because I've seen a lot of people make a mistake by getting a hatchling snake that quickly got way too large for them to handle. Now all that aside, I would love to see an enclosure set up the way you describe, it would be a lot more appropriate for this species than a lot of the cages I've seen them in.