This Disappears When Logged In

Enclosure Questions

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Alexjackson617, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Alexjackson617

Alexjackson617 Active Member

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Most home improvement places with a garden department will have bags of plain topsoil somewhere, you just might have to ask to find it. And maybe let it defrost for a few day before trying to do anything with it, lol.

3. Alexjackson617

You called it. This stuff is solid as a rock. Hopefully some time next to the radiator will help lol. IMG_20180207_073815.jpg

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Lol, yep, been down that road this time of year before. They'll be fine in a day or 2, just don't stack the bags until they've thawed.

5. Alexjackson617

IMG_20180209_215003.jpg IMG_20180209_214708.jpg it's getting there. Still have a ton of branches to add, plants to hang and I have to get the filtration setup for the water. I'm also gonna add another basking lamp where the ceramic heat lamp is and move the lamp over. Hopefully that'll get me the desired temps.

Atroxus likes this.
  6. Alexjackson617

I have a rock pile running along the side of the water tub. I was thinking it would help keep soil out of the water and help keep it's nails trimmed a bit.

Now I'm thinking and is there any serious risk of the monitor burrowing under there and getting trapped or crushed by the rocks? IMG_20180211_132201.jpg

7. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Make sure the rocks are resting on the bottom of the cage, as yes, it just might borrow underneath and cause a shift. You might even build a wall of bricks around the tub, and just below the surface, and have the rocks sitting on top of that.

8. Alexjackson617

Great idea. Thank you.