This Disappears When Logged In

Empty 10 Gallon

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by CountTripula, Dec 10, 2011.

1. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

Hi i was wondering what can i put in a 10 gallon and how many? I had fish in it but i no longer wish to keep fish. I am really considering on getting some frogs.

2. LizardGoMoo

LizardGoMoo Member

maybe like 2 anoles or frogs but thats just about if:\

3. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

I would not suggest keeping green anoles and frogs together and I would also not suggest keeping 3 animals in a 10 gallon enclosure. First of all, what are the dimensions of the cage? Second of all, is it watertight?

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

The only thing I can think of is a tarantula, scorpion or a baby Pacman!

5. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

What about firebelly toads?

6. LizardGoMoo

LizardGoMoo Member

no no no the key word is or:l

7. CountTripula

Yes it's a 10 gallon and i would never put a lizard and anole in the same tank that is that small. Plus i am wanting something that i do not already have. Scorpions and tarantulas are nice but i am thinking frog. Also yes it is water tight i use to have fish in it.

8. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

What about dart frogs?

9. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Dart frogs should definitely not be a first frog.

10. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

What about snails? I used to gave GALS in a big 33G, not sure what is legal in your area, but snails are awesome critters :D

11. Alyssa8

Alyssa8 Active Member

Have you thought about having newts or salamanders?

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

GALs are illegal in the US.

13. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Yes, I wasn't sure where the OP is from, but there are other species that are just as cool :)

14. CountTripula

Eh, no snails.. I am really just wanting a frog or a lizard that i can put into a 10-20 gallon. Newt and salamanders are awesome but i cant find them around here in pet shops and i refuse to take one from the wild.

15. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

There aren't so many frogs that fit in a 10 gallon. Green tree frogs (not dumpy frogs, american green tree frogs). You could have a pair of firebellied toads, or a few reed frogs if you turn it on it's side.

16. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Have you thought about Vietnamese Mossy Frogs (Theloderma coticale)? I've been reading on them in the latest Reptiles mag, and is says 2 would fit in a 10G (5G per additional frog). They are wicked cool and would be fun to watch ;)

17. maryelizabeth

maryelizabeth Elite Member

I used to keep three fire bellied toads in a ten gallon.
    It just had a screen lid and a flourecent fish tank top.
    I had it divided in half (half water/half eco earth and peat moss) with a hide and a food dish and some plants.
    They were awesome, I ended up giving them to my friends and they are still going strong, almost 8 years later...

18. CountTripula

fire bellied toads are adorable!

19. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

plus there are so many ways to set up a tank for firebellies. I would suggest eco-earth substrate and a removable tupperware container for the water. MUCH easier than a split tank. I had a split tank and it was impossible, even with a really strong filter.

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

That is how I had them set up years ago, so much easier to clean :)
    You can keep a baby corn snake in a 10 gal, they dont grow fast so it could last a year. Just another suggestion :)