This Disappears When Logged In

Emerald Tree Boa Shedding Problem????? Plz Help:(

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by atone2308, Mar 27, 2013.

1. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

i have owned the snake about a month or 2 now, i have the exo terra med. x-tall enclosure... I bought her off of king snake . com, from a helpful guy who i still chat with she was cb( so he says and i believe him) she is still red in color and tiny little thing. i have the humid level perfect (from what i have read up on) 84% day with a drop to 74% night time. temp in day set to 82degree night time drop to 75degree. She has eating normal and seems to be active but my QUESTION is this! Now a few days ago week or so, i noticed her eyes getting a little grey and body turning a little grey so i turned up the humid lv to 88% for few days b4 droping it back to normal and now the grey has went away she ate a pinkey monday night an still is holding it down( so far) but the grey went away and now she looks really red agian BUT she is full of wrinkles and there is no shed in tank, i will have to get my wife to try and post pics tomorrow of the set up, i have spent over $900 on it, i mean its like a zoo, have a fogger with the attachment to regulate the temp and humid. at all times controls it and the light 100w with over $100 worth of vines in there range from all diff thickness. i had a buddy that worked at the zoo with emerald tree boas take a look at it and gave it an A+ and the animal store here wants a pic to post in store of the set-up so i know its not that, what i am wondering is this normal? (she also has plenty of hid spots as i have foliage all over the place LOADS of it real plants and big water bowl on bottom and small on at top near her fav. perch) is she low on water? i mist it 2x a day morning and night. She is laying on her perch under light( i always see her move to cool off at times so she knows her way around) looking real uncomfurtable not tight real loose like and like i said extremely wrinkly. Just want to know what others think as i LOVE HER LIKE MY KIDS seriously! plz feel free to contact me via phone or here, phone i can send pics....... just mail e here and ill send u my #...thankyou much anthony. i look 4ward to hearing from some of u with great advice!

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

For a baby which I assume it is if it's still red I think your temps are dropping too low at night and they could be a few degrees higher during the day. I would not let humidity drop below 80 at all for any reason and raise it into upper 80 or even 90s while in shed. Also spray it with warm water directly when in shed. It's really hard to tell sometimes when they go into shed but if it's wrinkly then it has not shed yet. try using a repti shed aid they sell at the stores. For now I'd say spray it with hot water (cools off as it sprays) and leave the place soaked. Where are you taking the measurements for humidity and how big is your enclosure?

3. atone2308

omg i just replyed to u and i guess its not showing up! grrrrrrrr. it kept saying saved as i was doing it, were can i find it at as it was long!lol

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

can you hit the back button and see if it's still there?

5. atone2308

1 sec let me try

6. atone2308

thanks to JoeyG for the ring and the great advice! going to make some changes tomorrow...thankyou!