This Disappears When Logged In

Egg Hatched

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by mld, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Oh my gosh -- that is soooo adorable!! How can you resist that little guy??

.... good thing I live WAAAAYY down here in Maryland... :-"

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thats not that far, 2 days of driving? If you ever go to maine your almost there. ;) They are tempting arn't they, free to a good home like yours!!!

3. nekhebet

nekhebet Well-Known Member

awhh congrats!! and good luck with the rehoming

4. Medium

Medium Elite Member

LOL!! Me too, I live wayyyyy toooo far! Probably best for me, not sure I can do another tank at this time, I sure hope you find him a great home!

5. mld

Another baby gecko hatched now family of 4. Thank god I got my pinheads today. I almost didn't get them. I had to special order them, and payed for them when I ordered them. Anyways the stores shipment came in and they put all their stuff away. I guess the zoo called and asked if they had pinheads and they put my order aside for them. Well thank goodness the girl that was their the day I placed the order remembered me ordering them from the area manager. Glad I got them but we'll see how the baby do with them, they are hanging out with mom alot.

6. Orca

Orca Elite Member

Don't most reptiles not eat for a while after they hatch and wait for their first shed? If that is true, you little one should be set until you get some food the right, tiny size.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

It's that way for monitors.
    Still full from the yolk sac. It's sometimes takes them a week or so to eat.
    However monitors are much tougher than your average gecko. Having some food around in case they need it is probably wise.

8. Orca

Orca Elite Member

My geckos are tough! :p

9. mld

These little guys seem pretty tough also. There are very active at night.

10. Medium

Medium Elite Member

You rubbing those eggs for luck? LOL...congrats again!

11. monkeytechahoo

monkeytechahoo Elite Member

Too cute! Congrats

12. mld

Another egg hatched, That make 3, yes, T H R E E. Maybe there is something in my water. The newest one just shed so hopfully he'll eat that. They are doing alot of chasing the pinheads around, even bit the butts of the larger crickets for mom. Their tail are none stop wagging, on the hunt. Too cute :x

13. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

i wish my herps would lay eggs!!!!! :((( i think baby beardies and baby ball pythons would be tons of fun, one day maybe, wish i wasnt in colorado, i might just get one or two of those babie from ya, good luck!!!

14. GeckoLover

GeckoLover Well-Known Member

That is just too cute for words! How adorable!!! I'm gonna have to check them out...

15. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

So teeny tiny and CUTE!! Maybe it's a good thing I don't know anything about them or I would be on a road trip to come pick them up! LOL

16. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

wow they are sooooo TINY

congrats on the hatchlings! you could always ship them over to my little zoo :)

17. mld

Thanks guys, sorry they have been sold! I don't see a lot of them around, but if anyone gets some make sure that the male and females are separated, they are prolific breeders!:)

18. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

So does that mean we don't get to see another picture of them at all? :(

19. mld

Only in my photo albums!