This Disappears When Logged In

Egg Hatched

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by mld, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well our Egyptian Sand Gecko has been laying eggs, well one actually hatched! Last night While I was feeding, and doing the nightly routine, I noticed something move and It was bigger than a cricket. Well much to my surprize it was a baby gecko! I was in shock, I had been pretty good about sifting the tank for eggs and discarding them but I must have missed one. I figured that they were not viable anyway but I guess not. Well here is a picture of the little one, he is only about 1" long snout to tail.

Attached Files:

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow, to cute!! Congrats.

3. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Oh my...way cool! That was meant to be! He is so cute! Well done!

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Totally awesome.
    I had that happen once and it's quite the welcome shock.
    Mine was a coleonyx mitratus.

5. mld

Yes, it was totally unexpected, so need to get Flightless Fruit Flies ASAP!! A little stressful with the food situation. Plus I'm still in shock. :confused:

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

LOL at still in shock...I bet you are! ;)

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats! What a great find. lol

8. mld

Well couldn't get flightless fruit flies but am getting pinheads they should be here in 2 days, hope the little guy makes it till then. He's out and about all the time, I'm sure on the hunt for something to eat. I have a few small meal worms but he's not interested in them, but he is drinking which is good. Do you think I should put some pedialyte in with the water? Cross your fingers He is just so cute, so tiny.
    I am trying to rehome all of these geckos, Its just hard finding someone with experience in my neck of the woods. Anyone in Atlantic Canada wishing to adopt them????;)

9. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Absolutely add the Pedialyte! It will only increase his chances of survival. I would love to have one myself...I love the Gecko line...but I live out of place, and have my hands full with what I have...I am finding after three, it's really not a good idea to over load and have to many!

Good luck with that little guy!

10. mld

Thanks, I'll go out and get some. too bad it didn't come in cricket flavor!

11. Medium

Medium Elite Member

LOL!! :)

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

OMG that little guy is so cute!

13. mld

Here is a couple new photos of the little one:x

One beside a penny
    One one my hand beside my pinky finger

Attached Files:

14. Medium

Medium Elite Member

He is so tiny! Really cool you showed us how small he really is. Don't you make me want him now...LOL! (Just kidding!)

15. ChrisS

ChrisS Elite Member

That's one tiny awesome gecko!

16. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

ADORABLE!!!!!, thanks for posting.

17. CyndiB

CyndiB Member

How cute!! Absolutely adorable. Does it have a name yet? CyndiB

18. mld

Thanks
    I think my daughter named him Ed something, still not exactly sure. She names all the pets and some of the names are pretty strange!!:confused:

19. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Holy Cuteness! lmao it is SO TINY.

20. mld

I know the adults are full grown at just over 3 inches! Crazy, we were told by the store that they were babies and would grow over 10", they were wrong. When we joined the site, I was concerned that one was so much bigger than the other, we took pictures of their undersides and we found out that the little one was a male and the bigger one was a female. She was also gravid at the time of purchase, thats why she looked so much fatter. Too funny.