This Disappears When Logged In

Eating Habits

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Geckobabe13, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Geckobabe13

Geckobabe13 New Member

So I have had my Leopard Gecko for almost a month now, and this is my first time ever owning one. I had some questions about feeding him. First, he will only eat live, I feed him mealworms and butterworms. I try to feed him crickets but he won't chase his food so he never eats them. My main concern is how much he eats. Some days he eats about 4 worms, other days I can only get him to eat one worm. Is that fluctuation normal? Also I do dust his meal worms and I don't think he likes the smell as he is always more reluctant to eat meal worms opposed to butterworms. He is still a baby. Any input would be helpful!

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I suggest you have a look at our leopard gecko care guide if this is your first gecko. It can be located here: Leopard Gecko | Reptile Forums - Information

Read the feeding section. It covers the various insects that can be fed, how to offer prey, info on supplementation, etc. It is pretty thorough.

3. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Also, what rich said is pretty on point, but just want to mention that for your gecko only to eat live is pretty common with leos. So don't worry about that.