This Disappears When Logged In

Early Christmas Gift

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Dragoness, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Wasn't going to go to the show I usually vend at this month, but the husband convinced me to go as a visitor instead.

He had something in mind, and this pretty little boy followed us home.

30810677713_72a23e51c7_k.jpg

He's a southern white-lip python. Just settled him in his quarantine cage, and will try feeding later this week. He's feisty, and the vendors said he was eating quite well on live rats. Enthusiastic eaters are the easiest ones to convert to frozen/thawed.

Chrystal Jade likes this.
  2. Ian-V

Ian-V Well-Known Member

Congratulations

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Followed you home huh?
    Don't you just hate when that happens.

4. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

That's why I haven't been to any shows since last spring, lol. I always bring home at least one new addition. Is that one WC? Certainly doesn't look like a baby, though there's no frame of reference for size in the pic.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

He is WC, which surprised me.

He is only about 2.5 feet or so long, not quite as big around as a quarter.

I very frequently bring things home, but it's tapering off now that I am only looking for specific species.

6. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

CB white lips aren't as often available as WC from what I've seen. Main thing is that he's parasite-free and eating regularly. Still young enough to adapt fairly easily to captive life too.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

eating well, according to the people who sold it to me.

Last night I offered him his first F/T rat, and he didn't seem to notice anything different.

Struck, constricted, swallowed.

Will do a fecal after he poops, and see what dewormers I need for him. He's probably loaded.

Darkbird likes this.