This Disappears When Logged In

Dwarf Gecko Help

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by gardener, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gardener

gardener Member

Hi-

My daughter saw these little dwarf geckos, the pet store called them dwarf leopard geckos and said they eat nectar, very small insects and babyfood (applesauce etc) I haven't found a picture that looks like the geckos she bought (or I'd show you). One has died, and I haven't seen the other one eat anything and I'm worried!

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

i wonder if they meant Leopard geckos? Can you describe their coloring to us?

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Knowing the tricks petstores pull,,,anything is possible. Too bad you can't post a picture. It wouldn't surprise me if they were just badly cared for Leos, then told your daughter they were "dwarves" just to sell them. I have never heard of ANY type of dwarf geckos.

4. travisgecko...

travisgecko... Elite Member

its probably a pet store scam! maybe...

does it look like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the pet store might have mistaken "leopard gecko" with something

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I found a few references to dwarf geckos, like the Angolan dwarf gecko and a few other species. None of which are in the pet trade. A picture really is needed to identify what you have. Knowing the correct species will make all the difference in the diet, habitat, and care.

6. gardener

gardener Member

This is going to be tough- the remaining one is about 4" long, has BIG eyes that are the same yellowish/bronish color as its triangular shaped head. A thin body with white stripes on the back. The stripes could be described as long spots- a whitish under belly. Does this help?

7. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

The picture is a picture of a pictus gecko. The only dwarf or small in size i can think of are geckos, that wont be at a petstore lol. The only dwarf leo that i can think of and i know that the breeder still has cause of the deformity of it. So no way that was let out. A pic or something would help.

8. MoogleBass

After reading your post, does it look like this?
    [​IMG]

9. gardener

gardener Member

That's it! I just got a couple pictures and was trying to figure out how to post them.

10. gardener

gardener Member

Like the top pictures- the other shots were posted quicker than I could reply to. How do I post the pictures I just took?

11. MoogleBass

12. travisgecko...

um sorry but just want to know this.. the the pet store claimed that they were
    "DWARF" leopard geckos to sell them to her. could she take any legal action?

13. gardener

gardener Member

I'm uploading the picture-

I doubt she could do anything but you have no idea how mad I am right now! Starving the poor little guys.

14. MoogleBass

Travis, no as common names for reptiles, there can be so many names to call it. Pictus have about 6 or 8.

15. travisgecko...

ohh i feel so stupid lol:rolleyes:

16. MoogleBass

The dwarf part not really either unless it was sold with a documented paper stating the gentics, like wiht bps and such.

17. gardener

gardener Member

I'm having trouble uploading, but I'm positive pictus is what we have and I just called the jerk at the pet store and tuned him up! They close at the same time my daughter gets off work and he won't stay 5 min! I live too far to get there in time and its icy out (this is AK after). Is there ANYTHING I can give it now to help him out?

18. travisgecko...

a tutorial if i understood correctly you don't know how to upload pictures.
    fallow steps 1, 2 and 3

this is in advances posting by the way you only have to scroll down to see this!

I HOPE IT HELPS!

Attached Files:

• gg.jpg
      gg.jpg
      File size:
      18.9 KB
      Views:
  19. gardener

gardener Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. gardener

gardener Member

MoogleBass- Thank you for all your help! I read the care sheet- you may have just saved a little lizards life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.