This Disappears When Logged In

Duplex Terrarium Building

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by BlackJack, Nov 13, 2007.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

This is a fantastic tutorial Andrea! Thanks for taking the time to write it up and add it to HC.

I have gone ahead and made it a sticky thread at the top of the forum so users can locate it easier.

I may actually give this design a whirl, except with a twist of course. I will make sure I document my progress. ;)

Thanks again!

3. BlackJack

You're very welcome, Rich. Thanks for making it "stick" :)
    I know the materials are pricey, but with the light weight and super insulation and easy clean-up it's really worth it.
    Oh and if you have to, the whole thing can be completely taken apart and re-assembled. Cutting the silicone out and cleaning it up is a drag, but it is possible and makes it easy to transport if you have to move!
    Good luck. I look forward to seeing what other people do with the basic idea I've presented here.
    :D

4. sprkn1

sprkn1 Active Member

thanks for taking the time to translate everything, great design again. I hope to make one of my own, but probably not as big as yours, i'll try and house 2 snakes.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Outstanding work Andrea and great tutorial. I wish I had a local polycarbonate source.

6. BlackJack

Thanks for the comments. Here's a link to a US manufacturer of Polycarbonate sheets. (Not exactly like mine, but similar) On this link, they list the properties of the material. (I find it impressive.) Also there is a price list on the site as well as shipping information.
    Polycarbonate Physical Properties

7. chrisandbk

chrisandbk Active Member

all i can say is............ WOW!!!!!! that realy looks great, where can i get the polycarbonate? im in indiana but i have no clue where to look for it?
    thanks for taking the time with all the details.
    chris

8. BlackJack

Hi Chris
    Thanks for the compliment! :)
    You can order it online here:
    Polycarbonate Physical Properties
    (I live in Switzerland and had to get mine from Germany, so I'm not really sure how they compare to the US ones, but that's a place that has them and ship via UPS.)

9. meki

meki Elite Member

All I can say is WOW!

Thanks for posting a tutorial, I may just steal the idea for my next enclosure ;)

10. Benyy

Benyy Active Member

Hey, how easy is it to fully water proof so it can hold water? or how a glass tank base be easier??

thanks love the design

11. MCMJ2005

MCMJ2005 Member

Thanks!

12. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

That is amazing. Really!

13. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

do you think this would hold up for bearded dragons? I think I know where I can get the polycarb sheeting from recycling of an old hot house. ;)

14. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Thanks for the interesting build!