This Disappears When Logged In

Dumeriliis Monitors

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by gbassett, Mar 3, 2012.

1. gbassett

gbassett Elite Member

Got a new phone,and it has a great phone on it so I snapped a few pics

2012-02-29122812.jpg

2012-02-29122820.jpg

2012-02-29122638.jpg

2012-02-29122614.jpg

2012-02-29121625.jpg

2012-02-28162534.jpg

Greg

Attached Files:

2. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

Brilliant looking monitor.

Don't you just love that drainage pipe, that stuff is great.

Quick question, did you fill it up a bit so your monitor had to do some digging to get a nice tight fit?

Reason I ask, Is I buried 2 pieces of that same exact pipe in my monitor enclosure, and I just want to compare notes, Thanks...

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Nice monitor! I love the drain pipe idea!! You wont have to worry about a tunnel cave in.

4. Jobiensis

Jobiensis Elite Member

Looking great mate.
    They may be cute with the orange heads when young but this stage with these colours are awesome.

Jay :D

5. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

I love monitors :)

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Greg, the new ones are looking better, still a little way to go before their body condition`s really good, but they`re on the way. The snout rub looks to be healed now too, the area just needs to darken and you`ll hardly know anything was wrong. Well done!

7. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

They look great! :)

8. gbassett

gbassett Elite Member

Thank-you everyone. I really enjoy working with these guys, and hopefully this will be my year. I use the black drainage pipe for a few reasons,one is I can bury it in the substrait,and create a humid hid as well as a place the can warm up with out Havering to be. Exposed. Now I like the black because it absorbs heat,and again provides a safe place so the animal can get to the proper body temperature.Hope this helps

Greg

P.so have anew phone and I'm trying type outnumber response with it so please bare with me

9. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Looking great Greg! Hopefully you get plenty of luck! For this year and many more!
    What are you going to set them up in? and how when full grown?

10. gbassett

gbassett Elite Member

I don't have the blue tail anymore.So I have two empty cages.I all so plan on mixing and matching,try to get the best pair.

Greg

11. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

How much susbtrate are you going to offer and what kind of mix?

12. gbassett

gbassett Elite Member

The same I'm useing now.I use about 60% playsand and 40% dirt I find in the woods by my house.

Greg

13. BoDiddleyitis

BoDiddleyitis Well-Known Member

Do they like mud?

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Daniel, I know they frequent mangrove swamps, so must come into contact with mud on a regular basis, and Greg`s certainly seem to "enjoy" being in it in his enclosure, from what I`ve seen of his videos and pics!

15. gbassett

gbassett Elite Member

Do they like mud?That is an understatement.I have two large bins of mud and dozens of pictures of them useing them.My sums spend a good amount of time underground or in there mud boxes.

Greg

16. BoDiddleyitis

BoDiddleyitis Well-Known Member

I had seen any of that thanks!

17. gbassett

gbassett Elite Member

I believe you have seen some of the pictures,but I could be wrong.I'm a member varanus.nl and we have talked a few times in the past.I'm the Guy who got the old ugly female black roughneck a few years ago.We all so have a lot of the same friends.David(crocdoc)Justin(Kristy)Sam Sweet Ben Allerand Michael Cota.

Greg