This Disappears When Logged In

Do you breed your feed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Manhirwen, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Yes or No,

Do you breed your own feeders and if yes what do you breed?:)

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yes and No. I breed my own mice, but not my crickets.

3. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

We breed mice, rats, rabbits, and sometimes crickets. We used to have mealies in the rabbit barn.:)

4. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

No, I dont have enough pets that eats them any more, but by Christmas I will!

5. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

i used to breed crickets but they really stink so stopped .and in the summer i breed locust

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I currently breed mealworms and have been doing so for a few years. In the past I have bred superworms, waxworms, and crickets.

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

yes I breed crickets, but not mealies or anything else I feed my WDs

8. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I buy all my feeders for the most part. When you add up what it costs to feed and keep clean, its a heck of a lot easier to buy frozen mice/rats and I dont have to kill any. And I buy crix and mealies as I need them....Crix I buy 1000 at a time and they last almost a month and mealies I buy 5000 at a time and they last even longer than that....I just gutload before feeding....works out great for me.....Lyn

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I breed rats :)

10. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

i buy all of my feeders. 100 supers and 120 large crix keeps the kids fed for a week or so...not counting the big bag of collard greens, the squash, mango, papaya, etc etc etc...loooooooootta veggies.

11. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

Since my collection of snkaes is starting to get up there. I might be breeding mice soon

12. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Cool info, thanks for the replies.

I'm just starting to try to breed crickets for now. I looked at the yearly cost of having CWDs and decided I should at least try, I set up my cricket house as it says on Trisha's site so I hope it works.:D

13. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

i buy all my feeders but i only have 2 snakes. soon to be 3 but have thought about it once or twice to breed mice never got the full urge to do so.

14. mookins

mookins Elite Member

why yes, yes i do. We have a ten gallon tank that we breed crickets in, and 2 cricket keepers to raise the young in. that way, i have the adult crix for my dragon, and the babies for the crestie! yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.