This Disappears When Logged In

Do you allow your reptiles some free roam time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Boyd, Nov 21, 2005.

?

Do you let you herps free roam?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    43.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonlady

dragonlady New Member

I think it's healthy to let them get out and about..My beardies do all the time...Do worry about ingestion of things they shouldn't be eating though..

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That is why you should critter proof any room where they will be roaming around.

3. rick1iam

rick1iam Subscribed User Premium Member

My ig cage is always open. It's not very big yet so it's favorite spot is on top of the screen watching the world go bye. It's in a south window. I rarely takes off. When it does it's brief and returns home back to basking and watching the world go bye.

4. Passion4Pythons

Passion4Pythons Active Member

Re: Do you allow your reptiles some free roam time

i do on occasion... only with my largest BP tho, because he tends to stick with me... plus its harder for a 1300 gram ball python to get lost some where in the herp room...

5. Re: Do you allow your reptiles some free roam time

i let my python roam free when i'm in the same room as him...but my two water dragons are too small and too quick to roam freely yet...when they are bigger then they have the whole two story house to roam freely in only when i'm home incase they injure themselves that i can take care of it. my one already needs medical attention. don't need anymore problems lol.:)

6. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Re: Do you allow your reptiles some free roam time

Personaly, other than occasionaly handling My schneider, the reptiles stay in there habitats, however, i really want to get a larger reptile that would be okay free roaming in my entire room. My skink has already got out on his own once, had a nice little tangle with one of my cats. luckily all he lost was his tail. Im not condoning or condemnig anyone here, but in many cases the reptiles should stay where there comfortable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.