This Disappears When Logged In

Do you allow your reptiles some free roam time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Boyd, Nov 21, 2005.

?

Do you let you herps free roam?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    43.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Sort of

I voted "No" because I don't let them "free-roam".
    I take my ball python out almost every evening when he's not digesting or in shed. He's usually on the sofa with me or being held. Sometimes I let him wander a little, but I'm always close by to keep him from going where he shouldn't.
    I take Talyn, my Rainbow, out about 2-3 times a week when she's not digesting or in shed with pretty much the same "house rules". However, sometimes she gets to climb the stair railing and I can usually leave her there for a while... it takes a lot of time to get her down again if she doesn't want to!
    [​IMG]

Here's when she decides to make it difficult for me:
    [​IMG]

2. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

awsome pics!

3. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

That is a really gorgeous snake Blackjack.

I don't let my Water dragons free roam because I have a cat and and a two year old and my lizards are only around 8 inches each
    To let them free roam would be really bad at this point.:(

4. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Not in the house. But I've got to let Dubious get a good stretch and some sun in outside. I'm usually touching him because, as long as he is, he can go pretty far and I'll still have my hands on him.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks! I really love her!:D

6. cap77442000

cap77442000 Elite Member

That rainbow boa is beautiful. I love the rainbow colors. Maybe someday I will have 1. That is after years of research, And finding a good breeder. No more wild caught or pet store brought snakes for me. They just have to many problems. Are rainbows really hard to care for?

7. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Gil is out daily... he scratches at the "doggie door" in his enclosure when he's ready for some freedom.

8. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

I suppose I do let some have some free time out, in the house or outside when its alright to do that temp wise, of course Im always around to watch them, no matter what size they are, they can still hide in a lot of places, and well outside they can be a bit harder to find should someone lose them.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

my corns and boa love being out. i just have to watch where they go so they don't end up sneaking under the bed or anything lol. :D

10. Elan

Elan Elite Member

only if i am there with them.

11. IggieZ.

IggieZ. Elite Member

Miss Iggie is a free roamer all the time.

My bedroom, wait scratch that. Its our bedroom, Iggie only used her old cage to sleep in so instead of having this huge cage taking up most of one wall, she now has an area with various shelves and climbers.

The only time its a bummer is when shes being "A bad girl" because I cant lock her up:eek:

Maybe I need to talk to Dominick about his "Bad Lizard cage" LMAO

12. prismwolf

prismwolf Well Established Member

Supervised, of course. Too many species of beasties around here for total free-roam time.

13. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

lol...i'll try and do that. ATM he's in time out for continually going behind the ig cage (fluffy doesnt like that AT ALL). He's pouting but he'll get over it. In a few mintues i'll take him out again and he'll be right back at the superworm container...i just havent told him that he ate all of the supers already;)

-adam

14. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

Yes we let ours free roam each day when we are home. Each one gets their own "out time".

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

15. geckoguykc

geckoguykc Elite Member

well a few leos and a crestie not exactly the best herps to allow to roam free lol....although one of my leos escaped once but i found him eventually (happy and healthy luckily)

16. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Elite Member

I give my BP some time to strech his "LEGS" , but it usually consists just of my queen size waterbed while we're watching tv at nite. He seems to almost always head for my wifes pillow case though. Maybe I've got some competition. Other than that maybe just a nice dip in the tub(since its winter now). But for some reason our cats are nowhere to be found when Elvis is out. hmmm

17. allie&shadwell

allie&shadwell Elite Member

Shadwell - Uromastyx - I have let him free roam 3 times and he has always ended up under furniture and peeing on the carpet. Not pretty. And except for the kitchen, all of our rooms are carpeted. But until I read these posts, I never thought of a herp room. It wouldn't be that hard or that expensive to lift the carpet in my study and put down some pretty tile, and there's only one armchair he could hide himself under....I would just need to save my spending money for a couple of months and I could do this. Great photos! Boy, would I love a snake!

18. virgilpoe

virgilpoe Member

hello

:D i let my 10 foot albino burmese run a round in the bathroom sometimes. i fill the tub with some water and close the door and let him go

19. Dawson

Dawson Active Member

My iguana free roams, but spends most of his time on his branch under his basking lamp. He hasn't ever gotten into much trouble, except when he gets into my office and unplugs my computer... but besides that, he's paper trained so doesn't make much of a mess, and pretty much keeps to himself.

20. Kirsty

Kirsty Elite Member

I would love to let my ig free roam but at the moment he's only 5-6 inches (s-v) and extremely jumpy so i am too scared in case i lose him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.