This Disappears When Logged In

Do you allow your reptiles some free roam time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Boyd, Nov 21, 2005.

?

Do you let you herps free roam?

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    43.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Do you let your herp run free around the house?

A- Yes
    B- No

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

when i am home yes..but they usually arnt running aroun the house..they hang on and around me

3. venus

venus Founding Member

My beardies run around my bedroom a couple at a time.

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Most of mine I do not, but I do keep a pair of free roaming box turtles, and I occasionally let my basilisk and vine snake out to roam around.

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Hey Matt...what about your mantid..did he free roam for a short time. lol

6. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I usually let the bigger ones have playtime in the front yard. The smaller ones are too quick if they want to make a break for it. They play inside. In fact, there are two yellow ratsnakes playing in the house right now... Sure wish I knew where!:D

7. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Yes

Louie's cage is always open for him to come out, here lately though he hasnt been very social or he just being too lazy lol!:D

8. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

I chose no. I do let Spyro come out each day but he is always either on my shoulder or on the couch in the living room. As he is quite smallish and very fast, I prefer to keep him where I can see and catch him lol. I hope to extend his tme out once summer comes back (if it ever does in the UK lol).

9. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

i let bear (BD) out when i clean the cage. He usually just sits there and watches me and chooses not to run around my herp room, and if he's not watching me he's trying to eat the superworm container in an attempt to get a few out and eat them.

10. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

No, my corns are way too fast....they'd disappear! :eek: and Ky-Lin got out once and was gone for two days...that was all the "free roaming" I could take...I was so afraid she'd never be found :(

11. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Oh yes, I also let my mantids, and my banded argiopes free roam. The argiopes make new webs every few days in a new place in the room, and the mantids rarely venture far from their original positions. I had some free roaming fish for a while, but they didn't last long ;)

12. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I let my igs roam around everyday....and take the snakes out to play also....but of course thats when I am around.....Lyn

13. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Tell the truth Lyn, the only thing not allowed to free raom in your house are the kids!!!!!lol:D

14. mookins

mookins Elite Member

we let our CWD out for a few hours every day. He used to have run of most of the house (a basement suite, and we would close off the bedroom areas), but now we have a spare room which is being used as the lizard room, so he gets free run of that, as it is kept warm and humid. though when i'm aruond, he's content to sit on my head/shoulder for quite awhile. Spoon, our crestie, doesn't get much run, since he's rather quick and jumpy. worried about catching him again. he does get out if i block off a small area of carpet and sit with him, or just to hold him for awhile.

15. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I just fell out of my chair laughing at that picture! :D *ouch* :rolleyes:

16. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah Matt, those free roaming fish can be a real pain, especially when they hide in your work boots!...haha!

Haha you can tell Bear that MaZola feels his pain...

[​IMG]

17. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

LOL, funny! awsome pics. Dose he say " Help, they don't want to let me eat them!"

18. Dee

Dee Elite Member

We let the corns roam ON us, same with the geckos... The geckos also get occasional time on a couch or chair in the living room, but they're too quick to allow them to roam free. With the corns, if they got out to wander free, we'd probably have a much smaller animal count... ;)

19. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

The Iggy gets to roam the livingroom everyday but the snakes are held.... :)

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The beardies and the iguana get to wander around but the snakes all have to be content with being held with the exception of the ball pythons. All the rest are too fast and likely to get into somewhere that I can't retrieve them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.