This Disappears When Logged In

Diurnal Geckos

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by erb0, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erb0

erb0 Active Member

Hi, I am looking for a species of diurnal(awake during the day) gecko that has similar requirements to a leopard gecko. Of course they have to have a UV light, but other than that, relatively the same. Can anyone recommend one and what are their requirements? I wouldn't mind if it were omnivorous or herbivorous, rather than insectivorous. Thanks for your help.

2. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Guest

The only family of geckos I am aware of that are diurnal are Madagascan day geckos--and of course, their care requirements are completely different from those of leopard geckos....they require a high humidity rainforest setup, and they climb glass.

Someone may come along to prove me wrong.

3. erb0

erb0 Active Member

Every species in the Phelsuma class (or is it family) is diurnal. And yes I know they need taller setups rather than longer ones and need a tight fitting lid. I guess I should've mentioned that I already knew that, LOL :D. Anyway, thanks for the help. I think I will just research it some more. Maybe I'll get a book.

4. tink

tink Elite Member

I have a Gold Dust Day Gecko that is di and he is up all day. He'e great. Plus he eats plants and insects. Mainly baby food though. They are a lot diff from Leos though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.