This Disappears When Logged In

Dishwash Driftwood

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Brennan, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Brennan

Brennan Elite Member

Okay well I read that you can clean driftwood by putting in the dishwasher and running it with no soap so I just put it in. Well, my dishwasher has multiple settings like normal wash, cookware, and anti bacterial. I did Antibacterial but it take longer then the others, can I just do a normal wash. The wood is for a Leopard Gecko vivarium.

2. NowAndNever91

NowAndNever91 Elite Member

I've never heard of that, but I'm sure that I've read in the caresheets somewhere to mix very little bleach in water and let your driftwood soak in it. (I actually did this last night for my CWDs enclosure lol, I made sure to scrub the branch and rinse it off well before setting it out to dry.) I know if you do it this way the bleach will kill any parasites that may be in the driftwood. Hopefully that helped a little! lol goodluck :)

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I also have never heard of using the dishwasher. Check this out though, it should help you out.

Wood Sanitation

4. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

Great link Rich
    Gary

5. Brennan

Brennan Elite Member

I ended up baking it after for a couple of hours at 200 degrees, pouring boiling water over it a and letting it sun dry.