This Disappears When Logged In

Digital Aquatics

Discussion in 'Controls' started by frilly, Apr 8, 2013.

1. frilly

frilly Member

Anyone using the digital aquatics Herp Keeper? Or any other environment control unit?

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm using their system and I have no issues with it. Works pretty well and I'm running all my enclosures of it currently.

3. frilly

frilly Member

Thank you for your reply. Are you able to set up seasonal changes? I was looking at some others but they don't work with my lights and cost twice as much.

4. JoeyG

yeah it does everything. seasonal, different equipment i.e. heaters or lights.... depending how many enclosure you want to run it can get a little pricey though. the unit to control the thermometer probes does require calibration but it's easy to do. The people there have been easy to work with and helpful.

What type of light are you using? I just use regular strip lights for day cycle, nothing fancy

5. frilly

frilly Member

This is what I have so far. One strip light with 4 T5 bulbs and with it has 4 LED blue lights. Two basking areas with ceramic heat emitters. One Monsoon Mister. I need to add another strip light with the T5 bulbs. I can add up to 4 dome lights with any bulb. I have found out that the Monsoon Mister will not work as it has a built in timer already. I have also found out that the ballast I have for the strip light doesn't do the dimming. But I know nothing about electric things.

I would like the lights to dim for a sunset/sunrise. But I'm willing to let that go. I would like the seasonal feature with the lights so I don't have to manually change it. Something more accuate for temp and humidity. The cage is 8'L X 6'H X 4'W. I"m housing a frilled dragon.

6. JoeyG

Well the way the system works is fairly simple. The one plug strip it comes with has 4 outlets. I've use one for all my lights using a regular plug strip plugged in. Another plug strip for the under tank heaters and the rest are for my heat panels that are controlled by the themometer probe. I don't use the seasonal feature but I have seen it available. Be aware that the whole system is only good for 15 amps total. Most home outlets are also being used in different areas so you will already have a load on that circuit anyway. if you add all the wattage from all your devices and divide by 120 you'll have an idea of where you stand.

As to the mooson is does work. when the power is turned on to it, it will kick on. If you have the setting for your duration set to where you want it, then it'll only spray for that long. It does it every time you turn it on so if you're trying to hook it to the system it should work. Also not using one but I do have them just not in use currently. Hope this helps a little

7. frilly

frilly Member

Thank you. Do you know of eco zone? Or Spyder Robotics system? Those are the other two I was looking at.

8. justor

justor Elite Member

The herpstat from Spyder robotics is used by many reptile keepers. It's pretty much the gold standard of environmental control for reptiles. I don't currently use one but I plan to use either the herpstat pro or herpstat 4 in the future. What I really like about it is that it has a separate probe for each output whereas I'm pretty sure the digital aquatics unit only has a single probe which means its not quite as reliable for regulating multiple enclosures. If you're only looking to regulate a single enclosure then I think the digital aquatics would be the better option since its quite a bit cheaper.

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I currently use Herpstats and love them. I have contemplated trying the DA's.

10. JoeyG

Just to be fair it actually has the ability to add quite a few individual probes. I use a seperate one in each enclosure to regulate the heat panels and it also has one unit near the controls that keeps track of ambient temps in the room itself. It has the ability to expand much easier then some other systems and can be set up for several enclosures with all being controled seperately. I'm actually very happy with the system since I didn't know what to expect when I first got it. Though the intial set up is a little less then some others as you add enclosures it does add up.

11. frilly

frilly Member

Thank you everyone for your response.