This Disappears When Logged In

Difference Between Chondros and BPs

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by JoeyG, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

For some reason my guys were awake this afternoon so I figured I'd get some photos. I also wanted to show in pictures the difference in keeping Chondros and Ball pythons. First my chondros, don't know why they were awake but it was nice to seen them moving during the day. Maybe all the cleaning I was doing today and changing their water out. Anyway enjoy!

8109796250_282b72e98a.jpg
    IMG_5601

8109786037_159d45928d.jpg
    IMG_5602

Waking up i think
    8109794818_da42fa1dcc.jpg
    IMG_5606

8109784875_1b6481a511.jpg
    IMG_5607

This is where she dared me to open the door.... I didn't :)
    8109784409_e2020c44eb.jpg
    IMG_5609

Now for the Ball Python..... Male spider
    8109792818_e54554be2f.jpg
    IMG_5612

female lesser....
    8109782833_1aa79a426e.jpg
    IMG_5613

See my point ;)

Attached Files:

2. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Great pictures, You have have some dang good looking snakes

3. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I second this!

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Oh my I love the dare pic!

5. JoeyG

thanks everyone! I know my snakes well enough to know when I'll stick my hand in there and when I need my hook :)

6. PMC

PMC Well-Known Member

Do you have to handle them to clean the cage?
    How do you get a chondro from their perch using a hook? I have only seen people rub their belly with their hands to get them to move onto their arm. Educate us! or perhaps just me? ;)
    My female red tail is a super eating machine and I have to move her to clean her cage so she won't strike at me, shes already grabbed me once when I was changing her water and didn't realize she was under the leaves by her water. Luckily, she is little so I got was a lil bitty scratch. She is fine once she is out, not aggressive at all, but she is in total feeding mode until she is out of that cage!

7. PMC

PMC Well-Known Member

Love those eyes!! They are just gorgeous!

8. JoeyG

I don't have to handle them to clean unless it's a full cleaning. If that's the case their perches are removable because you can spend a long time getting one off. Once they're out they can be coxed off their branches easier. The hook I used when I'm moving stuff around and they get much too interested in my hand :) Once I tap them with it a couple of time they see it's not feeding time and usually coil back up unless they're really hungry. When they're out of the enclosure they're pretty calm though.