This Disappears When Logged In

-dies-

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by GumDrops, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

EEEEEEKKKKKK!

Does everyone hate crickets the first time they get them? My first order of 250 crickets came today. I ordered them WAYYYY to small, and I've got to get them to grow. Fast. I plan on getting a Beardie this week, and my crickets are 1/16" long.

When they got here, I dumped them into a 5 gallon aquarium with a piece of squash, and a baby carrot I cut into 5ths. After I read up a little on the internet, I put a shallow bowl (I made it out of tin foil) with some tropical fish flakes in it.

For water, I have a hemrit crab sponge. I plan on putting a Ragu lid with water in it under it, but I'm not sure if the crickets will drown?

How long will it take to grow them to alteast a centimeter if I feed them like this every day?

I -hate- crickets, and the smaller...the worse. -_-;;

2. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Do not use a sponge, that will only harbor in bacteria. Which will also make the smell way worse than it is.

Best way to water them is to use water gel. Not the calcium kind. The plain flukers water gel.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I have a reptile water thing, with a piece of cut up scrubber sponge in it so they don't drown. I'm just sure to take it out and rinse it once a week. Other wise it gets REALLY gross.

You have it right for feeding them properly. I find they grow faster if I keep a 40 watt light bulb on them.

4. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

I hate crickets too.
    Ugh. :[[
    Good luck with them though. Hehh

5. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

Okay, gotcha on the water.
    They ate all their fish food this morning.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As mentioned, keeping them warm will promote growth. I also prefer the flukers water gel which was mentioned above. It lasts for a long time and they can't drown in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.