This Disappears When Logged In

Day Gecko Vs Tokay Gecko?

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by Zlitni, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Zlitni

Zlitni Active Member

I'm confused? What have I done? :confused: I'm not good at english, sorry... I wrote 'they don't need the same standard os decorations', I meant that the millipedes not need as much decorations in a high terrarium. In the context: If i finish the bottom first, then I can get an millipede, but I need to finish both the bottom and the top before I would like to get crested geckos, just for my own terrarium :)

2. Zlitni

Zlitni Active Member

I would like to bought it. Have seen a nice one in the shop ;) But I have a question about plants... I don't wanna get real plants in the tank, because of the risk of parasites, but I would like to hear if I can buy a false plant from the supermarket? I'm not afraid of using this, because they're made for terrariums... but if I buy a false plant in a supermarket or IKEA (and not in a petstore), would there be a risk of things in the false plant that the geckos not can withstand, even if I wash the false plant first under hot water???

3. Zlitni

Zlitni Active Member

I'm very sorry! But I didn't see your pacman-comment before now!
    My frog is only soon about a year. Think about 10 months. 7cm :D really nice! Froggy

4. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

Generally live plants are fine :) rinse them with water and they should be OK. A lot of people use live plants.

5. Ripkabird98

Ripkabird98 Elite Member

He has an AWESOME enclosure!

So when can you make mine?! :-" :D

6. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

The natural humus should be fine, but if the pine bark contains shreds of pine or sticks, it could pose an impaction issue. I would opt for not using the pine substrate at all.

I believe he's referring to post #10 where you swore, but used an asterisk to get around the language filter. Mods have since edited it out entirely.

7. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Oh, whatever, the swearing thing is behind us now :p
    As Ripka said, most live plants are fine. If you have them available, plants like pothos vines are a good choice,

8. Zlitni

Zlitni Active Member

@ Ripkabird98

- Well, then I'll think about using it, but If what about one plastic/false? it's because the one in the supermarket is very nice, but still don't know if there could be something in it, the geckos won't could resistence...

- My pacmantank is very nice, yeah ;) and thank you! hehe... have you for sure think about getting a pacman??

- Your danish were 100% correct... nice :) google translate?

Well... what about "unfertilized"/eco spaghnum? ;) if I chance and clean it every month?

9. Zlitni

Zlitni Active Member

Okay then! :D but have still seen a very nice one (plastic/false) in the supermarket :D

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Exactly!
    Zlitni I sent you a pm.

11. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Yes, that should be fine.

12. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Live or fake plants is a personal preference :p
    Whatever works for you!

13. Zlitni

Zlitni Active Member

Thanks to your all! :D I've decided to look after some crested geckos about some months ;)