This Disappears When Logged In

Day Gecko Problem..

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by matthewgroskopf, Mar 20, 2018.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I use par 30 or par 38 flood beam halogen bulbs at the basking site (the "par" only refers to the bulb face diameter) they are cheap to buy and can be fitted with a dimmer switch which makes adjusting the basking surface temp much easier, you must use a ceramic bulb holder , although I`m not sure if they would fit the dome but if yes I would highly recommend you use one, you could buy a 50 or 60w and adjust temp to suit.
    This thread will always be in the respective lizard forum.

100_1578.JPG

2. matthewgroskopf

matthewgroskopf Active Member

I got the basking temps to exactly 95 today, Bought myself a timer for the lights and heating too, I'm going to buy a timer for the fogger tommorow.

3. matthewgroskopf

He still seems to be hiding in one corner of the tank even though temps are correct..

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I would guess mostly stress, you`ve only had the lizard a couple of weeks or so, even making a few necessary modifications will cause a bit more stress, if the temps and humidity are now within the recommended ranges nothing more to do but wait. As always it`s got to be at the animal`s pace.
    Is the tank in a relatively quiet area?

5. matthewgroskopf

Yes, hes out in the living room, but the problem is we live in wooden constuction apartment so everything we do can be felt through out the apartment.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The interior setup ("furniture") looks fine, just give it time. I would still advise getting a better quality UVB tube in the near future (Zoo-Med or Arcadia) the T8 tubes should fit the housing batten you bought.

7. matthewgroskopf

I will be ordering them soon, i'm just wondering how long it'll take since its over seas..

8. matthewgroskopf

Great news, the geck has come out on his own and is hanging around the grapewood.